Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I did go to the library

I did in fact make it to the library later in the afternoon. I had a lot of fun. The Ian Hacking books mostly could not be found. I did borrow his book The Taming of Chance. I also sat myself down on a library step stool and looked at the classical systems theory books in the Q range. I was impressed. I also sat myself down at the QA 76.9 range of social impact of computing books and browsed but did not borrow these yet. I did borrow David McDonald's textbook on applied probability. I did not borrow the book on research methods in social relationships. I did borrow the book on survey methods. I also borrowed a book on chaos and it includes a CDROM of computer programs that I will may be pick up today. The library staff have to get this CDROM out of storage first. I also borrowed a late 1980's book on computers and health effects. This will help me at work as well as improve my health and safety knowledge in the workplace.

No comments: