Saturday, June 11, 2005

My TA work is going according to schedule. The renewal of effort on public law studies is proving successful.

I got some more grading done just now for the first assignment in STAT2507. I have to get this done by Monday morning or so. It is going along according to plan. I will not work on it again until this evening or Sunday morning.

I was able to watch the first third of lecture #1. It was a review of the common political theorists in English language political philosophy namely, Plato, Aristotle, Hobbs, and Locke. We also covered the course outline and the basics of the defintion of law in terms of its relation to society, behaviour and politics. I hope to watch the rest of lecture #1 before 3:30 this morning.

I also read chapter 1 in

Cheffins, Ronald I. & Johnson, Patricia A. The Revised Canadian Constitution: Politics as Law (Toronto: McGraw Hill, 1986).
This chapter mostly covered the constitutional changes of 1982. There was some interesting comments on Trudeau and his motives. I could also use a few quotes for my essay, from this chapter to introduce judical review and the charter perhaps.

No comments: