Sunday, June 13, 2004

I am printing off minutes for the community coalition that I attend as part of my duties in volunteering in local government. Speaking of government, I can't help but admire Ronald Regan and Brian Mulroney. Because that is the way the media present them to me. The underground present them in quite a different light.

I have an article from the Ottawa Citizen, speaking of media, quoting the Chief of the R.C.M.P. on video cameras used for crime control. I also have a copy of a Video CD from the New York Surveillance Camera Players about video surveillance cameras in New York City. Both of these could be put in my paper along with Jon Coaffee stuff, as opinions on whether intelligence information should be secret or not. But only the academic Coaffee really gives facts. The Chief gives weight and counter opinion to his profession. The NYCSCP give some facts that might be good enough for the paper but I am not sure. Do I want to go to video cameras and combine that with GIS? Are these both cyborg techno fixes?

What is the true social change here the videos cameras, the suppression of information or the opening of information? Where does this leave the people in my debate? Where does it leave space? Where does it leave capital; and where does it leave the workers? I tired to write about video cameras in terms of information exposure and got off some logical or illogical argument. I need to arrest this thread.

I am reading last week's newspapers.

No comments: