Thursday, June 22, 2006

Reading about social networks.

I searched out some books on schizophrenia at the school library. I read this chapter of a book last night.
Abrahamson, David. Social Networks and their Development in the Community in France, Jenny, & Muir, Niki. Communication and the Mentally Ill Patient: Developmental and Linguistic Approaches to Schizophrenia (London: Jessica Kingsley, 1997).
The author looks at some housing options and the observations of social networks amongst discharged patients. This was a study based on some housing in England where social networking was encouraged and studied.
I am reminded of Barry Wellman's paper on using SAS to study egocentric networks. I am planning on doing some mapping or writing down of my own networks but will read Wellman's paper again, as I do this and try to set something up in SAS.

No comments: