Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am not going to be studying in an MA program in legal studies.

I got a letter from the law department saying I was not admitted to a legal studies MA at Carleton. I am now back to just being happy to be able to study in graduate school anywhere in my city. But wait there is more. I am now possibily going to join the camp that says the U of O is a better school as evidenced by their admitting little ol' me with my strengths to grad school where Carleton would not. I feel the U of O may have treated me with more fairness and assessed my record in a more balanced fashion whereas at Carleton I believe it may have only been my grades that mattered. Perhaps I should have left Carleton 24 years ago when I first started to have trouble there with my marks affecting the decisions and not my abilities and professional experience.

In another way of looking at this, I have always been a keen computer student and user and programmer. I am only now in my middle life finally entering a program of study of the computer. Perhaps this is in fact a further refinement of my looking within myself to see what I truly enjoy and respect.

No comments: