Friday, October 22, 2004

I spent about 5 hours so far on assignment #3. This is more than I could put in for assignments #2 & #1. I did put in about 3 hours on assignment #2 maybe more. I don't remember how much I put into assignment #1. This means I am doing about a 1/1 out of class in class ratio and I need to pick this up a bit in this course.

With the present assignment, #3 I should be able to hand it in and not have to do any MATLAB work in the lab tomorrow. Nor will I have to ask the professor, Dave, if I have it right. I know I have done it well and right. I have the good copy of Q.1 and Q.3 done and just need to proof read them now. I have only to do a final copy of Q.2 and I am done. It is almost 4 am now. I will sleep at 5 am at the latest and do the final write up of Q.2 in the lab tomorrow if I have too.

I have some hard copy of my legal studies writing done for the tutor tomorrow. I will be at school from 1:00 PM to about 7:00 PM. I also need to find more time for my legal studies courses. I did read the first two chapters in a drug treatment policy book: Leukefeld, Carl G. Tims Frank & Farabee, David. Treatment of Drug Offenders: Policy and Isssues (New York: Springer, 2002) this morning too. They were:

Leukefeld, Carl G. Farabee, David & Tims Frank. Clinical and Policy Opportunities at 3-8.
This chapter explored the basic issues of drug treatment policy in prisons.
Filed, Gary D. Historical Trends of Drug Treatment in the Criminal Justice System. at 9-21.
This gave an alternate view of drug control history but also deepened my knowledge of the history of drug control by offering a history of drug treatment as it is in prisons. It also touched on drug enforcement because of course those arrested may end up in prison or being treated for addictions.
I am hoping this book will help with my term paper.

I did not do a really great job in the lab duties yesterday but all the students were doing their work fine and I solved a few problems and covered some basic concepts about cumulative probabililty and probability density functions. Basically they learned P(a < x < b) and getting their questions into that form and they learned P(a) = 1 - P(a (not)). I also did not give the students any answers and reminded them to use thier books. They have a mid term tonight that I will help a little with as a proctor. For this work I will be spending 30$ US to rent a copy of Minitab 14 for five months.

No comments: