Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I contacted both of my new bosses at school and am hoping to meet with them both tomorrow. I should also be able to pick up the contracts tomorrow. Tutorial work starts next week. I have the outline for one course and there are four tests in this course to work on marking and giving. So I know the possible dates of this work.

I started my LAWS3907 course yesterday. I attended the first class. About four of the guys from my LAWS4305 course are also taking LAWS3907 this term with me.

We got our first assignment due in 2 weeks on the Monday. I have done parts of it now and have started the word processing file for that assignment. The assignment involves proper citation for both footnotes/endnotes and bibliographies. Also we have some legal dictionary work to do in this assignment. I have not used a legal dictionary before so this is new work for me. The assignment also involves preliminary legal research, basically library work on a topic in legal studies. We need to brainstrom a topic (This I have done.), then pick one topic, find one source for this topic (This I have also done), then we need to spend a few hours in the library finding more sources then summarise these sources in terms of the scope they cover for our topic.

My topic is specifically the Judicary and capitalist health care but as it relates to the mental health field and mental disabilities. I will probably work with it a little more in general terms like Judges and capitalist health care. I will search out Acts or Statutes that cover health in Canada. I will also look into medical law. I have read some things on consent this past summer but I will broaden my scope in this paper due at the end of term.

No comments: