Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Working very hard this past two weeks but studies continue.

Studies get in the way of working and working gets in the way of study time but I want to do both so these continue. I worked last week inspecting buildings for safety issues for my union and the school. I inspected the electrical engineering department last week and have more engineering buildings to inspect still. I also have a theatre building to inspect. These were scheduled for February but I was only assigned them two weeks ago. I won't get them done in February.

I also worked in a non academic job this past weekend for 24 hours out of 48. If it is quiet at this workplace and if I am not busy with work tasks, I am allowed to read school books. This is a good job. I have held it for five years now. It is unionised so pays well, but I only work there part-time so do not make a lot of money at this work. I am becoming a Steel Worker of America union member at this job although the work is not about steel work.

Today I was in training for my new job as a day trader on NASDAQ. I have worked for about 8 hours of training now for this job. I am learning more about trading and the major players on NASDAQ.

I am working tonight at my TA job where I will give a mid-term review session. I have been marking some assignments for this course now for the past week and a half.

No comments: