Friday, December 19, 2003

I wrote my exam and had some luck studying for one question concerning statutory regulations. I may have had a lot of things wrong on this exam. This is a first for me in law. I have usually been right about things in my recent five year old studies of law.

I read some more of the small book for LAWS2003. I read about contracts, and torts in that book.

I borrowed a book on Offender Assessment, which I will report on later during the holidays.

Today I started and am almost finished reading Johnston, L., Reinventing Governance: The Case of Private Policing in McKenzie, I. K. & Bull R., ed. Criminal Justice Research, Inspiration, influence and ideation (Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Company, 2002) pp. 135-158. This is interesting as I am a private security officer so this book relates to my work.

I finished reading McKenzie, I. K., Beyong Behaviourism: Police Culture Revisted in McKenzie, I. K. & Bull R., ed. Criminal Justice Research, Inspiration, influence and ideation (Burlington, VT: Ashgate Publishing Company, 2002) pp.53-77, this monrning and must say this was a difficult read and rather boring as the author believes in psychology.

I attended the math department Christmas Lunch. I gave the office a Christmas card and also gave one to the Paul Menton centre at school.

I did some volunteering at city hall on city roads and accessibility. I also volunteered a little with the green party as we prepare to nominate our candidate for the next federal election.

I am also reading a book on safety which also relates to my work. The book was written in Germany, so the English is not perfect.

I saw a book on sale today at the school book store on TRUE BASIC and might buy it if I can get to the book store after the holidays and it is still there. I have some ideas on studying the BASIC language to a greater extent than I know it now. It may seem outdated but TRUE BASIC apparently allows the use of object oriented programming.

No comments: