Thursday, December 04, 2003

I read more of chapter 3 in Bridging the Digital Divide this morning. This covered a survey of community technology centres and the findings of that survey. It seems some of these CTC's have ceased to exist as they only provided cheap internet access. Those that survived developed training programs and content. I think with the NCF the content is lagging behind the ideals that the people like me involved would like to see. It is not frequently updated and like www.flora.org suffers from mid nineties idealism. Only the commerical directories and hangouts seem to have survived with updated content. Volunteers must do more.

I completed reading the case of Lloyds Bank Ltd. v. Bundy (1974) 3 All E.R. 757 (C.A.) yesterday morning. This morning I read Harry v. Kreutziger (1978), 95 D.L.R. (3d) 231 (B.C.C.A.)

I read a fellow worker's paper on F.B.I. counter intelligence programs that targetted radical groups in the 1960's and 1970's.

No comments: