Sunday, August 17, 2014

Social Media and Society 2014 #SMSociety14 is a conference I am giving a poster at on privacy, and the Internet.

I managed to find the Social Media and Society conference that is taking place at the end of September in Toronto which is not far from me here in Ottawa. I also managed to find a coauthor and write up an abstract that will now be a poster at this conference. I am writing about the individual, privacy and the Internet and will present some theory about the individual and privacy along with one of the latest Supreme Court of Canada cases concerning search warrants and online privacy. The court has been very clear and made a solid statement about the expectations we can have about online privacy as long as we are not committing seriously harmful crimes.

No comments: