Sunday, May 10, 2009

Knowledge representation and reasoning

The subject I am leanring from my supervisor is knowledge representation and reasoning. This is part of the artifical intelligence field. I have started to read in this field and have three books borrowed now. One of the books is written by my supervisor's thesis supervisor from the University of Toronto. This field is about logic in a sense that some forms of logic are knowledge representation languages. I am told I must choose a language to represent knowledge. I am reminded of a popular book that covered this idea of a knowledge representation and my whole topic of knowledge simulated in a computer. The book is:
Davis, Martin. The Universal Computer: The Road from Leibniz to Turing (New York: W. W. Norton and Company, 2000).

No comments: