Monday, March 03, 2008

Operational knowledge and my research plan.

Knowledge production in my present view is the knowledge of statistics simply measured by understanding the techniques of statistics. Operational knowledge would generalize to any workplace. Beazley, Boenisch and Harden claim that operational knowledge is core that is extracted from these seven categories of knowledge
Categories of knowledge
Cognitive knowledge
Skills knowledge
Systems knowledge
Social network knowledge
Process and procedural knowledge
Heuristic knowledge
Cultural knowledge

I will now search out these terms in both IEEE, ACM, SAGE and some other major journal databases. I hope to keep these references in RefWorks which means the first step is to log into refworks and get the web cite tool working. I might also use BibTeX links and also deicious.

No comments: