Thursday, February 15, 2007

Computer programming home work.

We may be assigned the problem of simulating a Markov chain in a computer program. This is the first topic proper in our applied probability course, the topic of Markov chains. I have read a little about these before coming into this course.

To do the programming I continued to install KDE on my Macintosh computer so that I can use use something like Bluefish to write the code. But I should just use MatLab or Codewarrior on a school computer.

In my other course we used the school of management computers to learn Stella 5 and 9. I could now use Stella to simulate the Markov chain. I could can now spend some time this weekend on the project and I will meet two other students this evening to discuss the project some more.

No comments: