Saturday, January 07, 2006

Working as a statistical consultant this weekend.

I was referred some work from another TA who is active in our union. So this networking for work has done the job again. Proof that staying active as a volunteer can be productive and help one look after one's self interests.

The work involves justifing a sample size choice after the survey is completed. I did one section of a justification last night. I will need to do some more of this. I am using the researcher's reasons for why he chose his sample size n and writing these up as statistical reasoning. This relates to designing experiments and employing a statistician to help design the data gathering.

I have started my design of experiments course and have ordered the textbook from Amazon.co.uk. I will also order some suplementary books when I can afford them.

No comments: