Sunday, January 02, 2005

I continue to do research for my ten page paper on the history and development of computer crime law in the USA and Canada. I really don't have much for the Canadian case law. This is the main authority for this research:
Sieber, Ulrich. Ed. Information Technology Crime: National Legislation,
Jus Informationis European Series on Information Law v 6 (Köln: Carl
Heymanns Verlag, 1994).
I completed reading the USA section of this book, yesterday. There were some cases mentioned concerning computer crime that I must now search out on Lexis. Also I have printed out some of the more famous cases and must read those at the appeals level anyways. I also have an old 1980's case and a more recent case to read.
I must also now start to write more before this week really gets going.

I will have some classes to maybe attend this Wednesday but I am not registered in these courses. Yes, there are many interesting law courses this term but I am staying with data mining I and my honours paper as my only courses in my own studies. I hope to work as a teaching assistant in two or three section of statistics courses this winter term.

No comments: