Thursday, August 12, 2004

I am working a night shift Thursday night. I completed my tutoring work for the summer today. I completed my tutorial hours for the summer in STAT3502. I said goodbye to the students and let them know they were a challenging group to TA. They are all engineering students.

I chose law courses for the fall and winter terms. I am letting the statistics course go now. I still have some books out on statistics from the school library. These books are:

Janacek, Garth. Practical Time Series (London: Arnold, 2001).
This is the first math book in awhile that I am able to read. Also I do not have to read this book for work or any current studies or courses. I have borrowed it for about a month now or more. I got through two chapters and this book allowed me to discover R and also in the end discover xemacs for for the WinXP laptop I have. It covers smoothing as well as time series stuff. I got the next book out on smoothing after reading this first book a little.
Bowman, Adrian W. & Azzalini, Adelchi. Applied Smoothing Techniques for Data Analysis: The Kernal Approach with S-Plus Illustrations (Oxford: Clarendon, 1997).
I have only really gotten half way through the first chapter of this book
Ross, Sheldon. Introduction to Probability Models 6d (San Diego: Academic, 1997)
I scanned this book's first four chapters which introduce probability. I read and understood the introduction of markov chains.
Ross, Sheldon. Simulation 2d (San Diego: Academic, 1997)
I haven't even opened this book beyong making this citation note.
Alexander, Kenneth S. & Watkins, Joseph C. Eds. Spatial Stochastic Processes: A Festschrift in Honor of Ted Harris on his Seventieth Birthday. (Boston: Birkhäuser, 1991).
I have not read this book really either
Hermanns, Holger. Interactive Markov Chains: And the Quest for Quantified Quality (Berlin: Springer, 2002).
This book as well has been opened to a minimum.

No comments: