Sunday, July 31, 2005

I voted in the Association of Internet Researchers Executive elections.

I guess I have had the right to vote in the Canadian Mathematics Society elections for a few years now but have not voted yet there. This year one of my bosses at school was up for election in the mathematics society but I did not vote. I did just vote by email for the Association of Internet Researchers executive. I was not really too aware of who I was voting for and have never met any of these candidates in real life. I did read the grad student bios and then just voted on my perceived assessment of the other candidates activity on the email list for this organisation. I also based it on the participation that I am aware of in committees and other jobs that the candidates have done as volunteers. Well that is done back to the books.

No comments: