Tuesday, December 14, 2004

These are the books I am reading right now for the post end of term. First the health books:
St. John's Ambulance, First Aid: First On the Scene, Activity Book 1st ed. (Ottawa, Ont.: St. John's Ambulance, 2000).
I read this in school first at an on campus first aid training standard level A session. I have since read it for level C certification and also for three years of being level C plus CPR certified. I have other first aid books including military and northern survival books. I have also read some guerrilla warfare books that include medical practices. I also read self help books concerned with addictions.
Humphreys, Keith. Circles of Recovery: Self Help Organizations for Addictions (Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge, 2004).
I have read the first chapter of this book and begun the second chapter now. It has offered me hope in my self help volunteering and paid work as web master. It was also used by me in my drug law paper this past term. I used the index of the book rather than reading the whole book.
.
Petit, Jorge R. Handbook of Emergency Psychiatry (Philadelphia, Penn.: Lippincott, Williams, and Wilkins, 2004).
I learned a little of this book so far. This book is especially important for me as most of day to day associates have some mental health issues or are involved in mental health work.
That's it for health books right now.

No comments: