Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Now for the statistics books I am reading at present:
Dai, Honghua. Srikant, Ramakrishnan. & Zhang, Chengqi, eds. Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining: 8th Pacific-Asia Conference, PAKDD 2004, Sydney, Australia, May 2004, proceedings (Berlin, Germany: Springer, 2004).
This book is a slow slog but I am finding I can understand the book at least. I plan to study data mining I next term at Carleton, course code STAT4601.
Delwiche, Lora D. & Slaughter, Susan J. The Little SAS Book: a primer 2nd ed. (Cary, N.C.: SAS Institute, 1998).
I have had this book for a couple of years now. It should be enough to study this book for the BASE SAS programers exam. I might actually take this exam in January. I was teaching SAS this past term to about 40 students.

No comments: