Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I spent another four hours researching my computer crime law paper. I used Quick law to search cases. I printed out about six case from the 1990's and 2000's. The other research I did was read Wise, Edward M. United States: Computer Crime and Other Crimes against Information Technology in the United States in Sieber, U. ed. Information Technology Crime (Köln, Germany: Carl Heymanns Verlag KG, 1994). In reading this section on the USA I intended to research the history and development of the US computer crime law for my mini paper. I also found this article Manion, M. & Goodrum Abby. “Terrorism or Civil Disobedience: Toward a Hacktivist Ethic” (2000) Computers and Society, which I just read. The article I printed after finding it through the library was footnoted in Wise and the article's cite is Hollinger, Richard C. "Hackers: Computer Heroes or Electronic Highwaymen?" (1991) 21 Computers and Society. I have not read this article yet. I also need now to consult the journal Criminology at school and photocopy some articles from that journals that Wise cites.

No comments: