Tuesday, December 14, 2004

And now for the Math books I am borrowing:
Press et la. Numerical Recipes: The Art of scientific Computing (London: Cambridge, 1986).
I have the FORTRAN code for this book on a floppy I bought a year or two ago.



    this is what I'll try to study for my MATH3806 exam.
  • chapter 2 is linear algebra
  • chapter 3 is interpolation and extrapolation
  • chapter 4 is Integration
  • chapter 9 is root finding and nonlinear sets of equations
  • chapter 15 is Integration of ODE's
Train, Kenneth E. Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation (Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge, 2003).
I learned what open form and closed form integrals are from this book. I also have a good idea or better idea now of modeling of shopping and other markets.
I have another math book out but I haven't really read it so won't put its bibliographic info here.

No comments: