Sunday, March 09, 2008

The critiques of measuring knowledge.

I am reading The Haunting of the Knowledge Economy and they make too many points I can use in my paper. I may have to reference their work more generally. They basically say the know what and know why are able to be measured but more particularly these can codified and represented in an ICT. As well the know who and know how can not be codified. This means we will not support the know how and the know who but it is just this knowledge that best can be thought of as the knowledge that is lost to the company because of retiring workers. To put it another way this knowledge is the more important knowledge we do not want to loose. So here is our first problematic. As well they quote Webster as saying knowledge is very difficult to measure so again my challenge is great.

No comments: