Monday, August 09, 2004

I got down to deciding on statistics courses these past two days. I told a number of people today about this decision and they all seemed to listen but one of them approved of this choice. This person is in fact a school counselor. Also a professor in the legal studies department, said he likes my balanced approach which I mentioned as my reason to the couselor as well today. In fact, no one has disagree expect my father who approves of the legal studies courses. Most people I talk with don't care because that is not thier job. But one fellow, a former classmate did active listening to what I was saying. He is applying for law school in New Zealand.

So these statistics courses were today's choice. Even if by the end of the day I was reading crime analysis and wanting to continue with the legal studies because the statistics courses needed to upgrade my B.Math would take a good two years of study. After today when I was tired it seemed that statistics would be more difficult to do well with, but it was statistics as my choice for most of the day. After writing this I am keen on the statistics again too. In fact, I browsed books I will need for these courses at amazon.ca. I then borrowed this book for one course. Ross, Sheldon. Introduction to Probability Models 6d (San Diego, Academic, 1997). I scan read the first four chapters which cover probability and basically the same materials as parts of STAT3502 and STAT3508. But I read the introduction to stochastic processes and also Markov chains.

No comments: