Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I did not do too well on my mid-term in applied probability.

I was too confident as a way of coping with stress this week. I did not study enough or really focus well. I am happy to report though that my first assignment passed with a decent grade. I have another assignment due next week and have started it so this should also go well. The professor said he would ignore the mid-term mark if we do better on the final exam. I also feel better about the social situation of the course now. In fact, tonight I will review some more and start my final exam study schedule planning.

At three hours class time per week and 13 or 14 weeks we have a total of 39 to 42 hours base number. Multiply this by five an we get approximately 200 hours for a study time out of class. I have spent about 10 hours on the first assignment and may be 3 hours so far on the second assignment. So I need to put in another 7 hours on the second assignment. Then I need to budget another 20 hours for later assignments then I could count about 10 hours done in studying for the mid-term. This leaves about 150 hours to budget for the final. I will try to do two hours study tonight plus 1 hour on the second assignment. I may be able to sleep at about midnight tonight if I can focus only on this course for the next three hours.

For my other course I have a proposal due on Tuesday but it is almost ready and I need a draft done for Sunday when our group meets to approve the draft. I should try to spend about three hours on this before Sunday. This three hours won't all be on the proposal but instead on the actual paper.

No comments: