Thursday, January 11, 2007

First week of classes has gone by now.

With one week, the first week now done I am at it again: studying. Work has been a bit of pressure with my time but I did plan ahead and in the end attended all my classes this week. I borrowed about four books of suggested reading for the first half of SYS5140 up till the mid-term. I also dove in and started to read these books yesterday just after borrowing them from Carleton's library.

I have to learn a simulations software called Stella. Last night I installed it on my office computer and played around a bit with it without knowing what I was doing. I need to read a book about this software and get it up and running for a term paper. I am also working with some economics students in a three person group on this term paper. We have started to form the group and the group is myself a male systems sciences student and two female economics students. I have taken the role of computer programmer as the first step in our work on the term paper.

In my applied probability course we have had two review lectures that are at a higher level of mathematical abstraction but things are going better by the end of the week with this material and I should read some more of the text book this weekend and a little tonight.

No comments: