Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Having last minute thoughts about my extra course.

I have been buying music equipment recently so the idea of studying a music course appeals to me. Also to improve my law graduation average and knowledge of law I am thinking of taking another law course as my extra course. If I were to follow my brothers advise I would not study the statistics course because it is being chosen to fit a degree program template. I might not also take the extra legal studies course because I am only taking it to improve my average. But this isn't totally true as I am interested in the topic of the course and the topic is women, work and the law. And next term I could study feminism and the law and this would prepare me well for graduate school in legal studies. I am saying this as I face the fact that my statistics marks are not good enough for graduate school. Using the famous Peter principle I have risen to my highest level of incompetence as a teaching assistant. I don't think I should arise any higher in this work but instead move onto legal work. The law course also promises to be fun and and highly interesting in an intellectual way. This also keeps my courses to occur all on one day, it won't mess with my teaching assistant schedule and the time spent between classes and on campus is minimised. It is also simple in that I would only study law this term. I will return my statistics book tomorrow for a refund and change my course selection now on the school registration system.

No comments: