Monday, May 18, 2009

I managed to study quite a bit on the weekend.

I managed to read sections 4.1 and 4.2 in the book Knowledge Representation and Reasoning. Here I learned resolution of conjunctive normal form (CNF) expressions in symbolic logic. This covered universals, existentials, equality and variables. So I learned Answer Extraction and Skolemization. I can understand this but not sure I can do this myself so will need to practice the exercises in this chapter.

I will need in the next week and a half to review chapter 3 so I can begin to create a Knowledge Base (KB) for a small department inside a firm. This is one assignment I have due besides the lecture.

I also read more about basic knowledge management. I have started to find the book The Computerization of Work useful and interesting. It is not the sociology that will be useful but rather the case study descriptions of the context of working that will help me write my KB for the small department. This book is also critical of systems designers which helps me foresee some problems in my work.

No comments: