Saturday, April 04, 2009

Practically twenty books or hundreds of journals articles will not work.

The two master's thesis advisers I saw who did not take me on as a student both offered the advice of not doing too much work on the thesis. I am realising now that twenty books would be too much. So just like a short list of twenty references is better than hundreds of references, a twenty item list with journal articles is also much more practical in terms of getting it done. Also books are not as easy to vet I think at present. Perhaps there are simple vetting processes for books but I am not able to know or express these simple processes right now. So I am cutting books down on the list and adding more peer reviewed papers. I am also focusing less on the seven components of operational knowledge and instead on knowledge loss and knowledge retention. Much better and seems like it will be much easier.

No comments: