Saturday, April 04, 2009

Inference for R software. Quality issues explored

I won't post something technical about inference for R here. The representative who contacted me from that company has now changed her last name in emails. And one search at Google found this debate from some noted statisticians about Inference for R as a spam marketed software. I was worried because I was approached outside of work. I am now finding that persons who contact me here about math have questionable ethics in terms of robbing Open Source projects. But this could just be theft. I may not be able to as careful in the future. May be Inference for R is a more nefarious product. I will need to search further and perhaps contact a computer security service now and inquire about this company and software. Perhaps it will all turn out to be an aggressive slightly unethical marketing side to a good software.

No comments: