Thursday, April 12, 2007

I handed in my random walk programs.

I completed my random walk program printouts just on time to catch a bus to our last lecture. I did not include 1 dimensional random walks. I also did not include 4 dimensional square walking. I now have a couple of days to submit the regular assignment. I was just working on it now and sorted out two more problems.

So my progress report...I have two problems fully solved. I have another problem almost completely solved except for the final general form. I also have another problem involving extinction probabilities for a Poisson branching process solved except for the calculation of the ultimate extinction probability. The next problem after that is another ultimate extinction probability for a geometric branching process. Then I have a limiting distribution problem which we learned to solve in last afternoon's lecture.

No comments: