Thursday, April 08, 2004

Today is the offical last day of term but classes ended 6 days ago on the Friday.

I took part in a hiring committee for my TA union this week. I have to interview candidates for a union job next week on Tuesday. The union covers my expenses for this union committee work once per term. It was tough to choose a short list. This gives me more experience for working as an executive.

I finished the chapter in Rob Kitichin's book on Cyberspace about politics and polity. This chapter covered legal matters. This is where significant things were judged by Kitchin with his political economy, post-modern, social constructivism approach. He seems to assess politics and the political arena quite well. The next chapter involves regional restructuring and is the real geography. One could read Kitchin instead of Lessig and not miss much law or lega implications of cyberspace.

Rob Kitchin is also interested in disabilities and geography. I have known his name and work on the geography of cyberspace since the mid or late 1990's.

No comments: