Friday, April 23, 2004

I got my grade today for my legal research course LAWS3907. It was not quite what I was expecting but still a great mark. I must have scored a lower mark on the final assigment and maybe a lower mark on participation. I had shown some leadership in participation by trying to organise the class but perhaps that was ineffective. I had to struggle to listen sometimes. I only missed one class for family medical reasons. I know I had worked a little less on the final assignment but it seems I really did not do an A+ job on that final assignment. I did share some of my faults with the lecturer perhaps she took advantage of this self criticism. In terms of politics she may have not approved of my left wing stance in the conclusions of my paper. But I am not sure of her politics or whether this would affect her marking. I can only speculate about this aspect. She had promised as well that my marks would not be affected by mentioning past criminal offenses. Perhaps she thought I was outside smoking pot with the other students I don't know. I know she is a lawyer so can not look the other way in terms of offenses. But I had committed no offenses during the course. Oh well I need to write this blog entry as my mark was lower than I had expected although it is still within my average for law courses. I was improving last summer in the introduction to private law course and now seem to be just holding steady. Oh well maybe I can try harder on the final exam in the ecommerce legal issues course. Still I must admit I did better in this course I am sure than many of the other students and the course had me really working hard at times. It was by far one of the more pressured law courses I have studied. It introduced me to the nasty aspect of the legal profession. I might try and research this aspect of the legal profession in graduate school that is the meaness of lawyers and their lack of a sense fair play in law school. This would just be a certain subset of the lawyers because other lawyers I have studied with even those with different politics than myself have been decent human beings and not shown this level of meanness or put as much pressure on we the students.

No comments: