Thursday, July 05, 2007

I read a few pieces tonight in the Internet law puzzle.

I decided to revisit my legal studies of the Internet on Monday evening and borrowed one book on this topic from the old library shelf where I found myself during the e-commerce course I took in Winter 2004. I am just finishing reading from this book one piece
Garnham, Nicholas. The Role of the Public Sphere in the Information Society in Marsden, Christopher T. ed. Regulation and the Global Information Society (New York, N.Y.: Routledge, 2000)
This was a good review of law and political theory touching on both Kant and Rousseau as well as Habermas. This whole book was published just before the Internet crash but whose to say that the changes brought about by the Internet which this books asserts has changed the world, is really that affected by a loss in the stock market as the over all changes in society seem to have held and grown stronger. Perhaps the Internet is changing capitalism for the better or at least testing the markets and awareness of the stock markets.

No comments: