Saturday, March 04, 2006

Starting new books from the library.

I borrowed more books recently. Here are the music books I am borrowing at present:
Jungleib, Stanley. Generl Midi (Madison, WI: A-R Editions, 1995).
This seems to be a book about MIDI written about the time sound cards became popular. I remember trying to buy a sound card for my IBM XT in the middle 1990's.
Rothstein, Joseph. MIDI: A Comprehensive Introduction (Madison, WI: A-R Editions, 1992).
This book I have read the first chapter and will continue reading it even if it seems MIDI is more for keyboard players.
Brice, Richard. Music Engineering: The Electronics of Playing and Recording (Oxford: Newness, 1998).
I have read a few chapters of this book now. It is highly educational and I have learned a lot from it and discussed music waves with my dad who is an experimental physicist.

No comments: