Sunday, November 13, 2005

Reading a lot

I have been reading about musical engineering. I tried reading some Manuel Castells today. His Power of Identity is what I tried to read. I managed to read some of the introduction section on nationalism. This inspired me to search for Estonian music on iTunes. I found an EP by a band from Australia called Fortress Madonna. I emailed them. The EP is called Estonian Female Snipers. This is apparently a sniper in the war in Chechna who shoots Russian soliders. I also searched for Tartu and found a band called Luomakunta and bought their album in Estonian or Finnish titled Raina. I read a little about science and law in the US yesterday. I read another suicide case in a general suicide reader I am reading. The suicide happened in the 1960's British theatre. It was a murder suicide and was explored in the book to make a point about suicide by being murdered. This is related to studying assisted suicide laws. I read about a village festival in Slovenia. I read this aloud to a friend and my wife. I continue to study a self help book for workaholics. I am also reading Wajcman, Judy. Techno Feminism (Cambridge, UK: Polity, 2004). I read more about the popular history of SAS. I have also been reading an econometrics book about spatial statistics. This econometrics is where I learned about spatially dependent data recently.

No comments: