Sunday, January 09, 2005

I rewrote my mini paper from scratch. I got two pages written before being bogged down by popular cases.

I spent the past week studying policing and private security for a course coded LAWS4306B titled policing (and Social Surveillance) by professor George Rigakos Ph.D.. It is a criminology course. I have read a Law Commission research paper by Rigakos now, and a couple of his journal articles are printed and await my reading attention.

I got my two R books in the mail and one is perfect for the first lecture I attended this week in statistical computing. The other R book is perfect for general level of statistics like the level my B.Math was at. This course in statistical computing STAT4604 is a level above this book. This course seems like fun and is the cheapest choice for courses this term in terms of required textbooks. Tomorrow we have the second lecture in this course. Then the third is on Wednesday. I plan to attend the first three lectures even if I don't stick with course for the whole term.

Also tomorrow we are having a school memorial service for the disaster in Asia. I also plan to attend that before my statistics course in the afternoon. Then in the evening the first class of the data mining course happens and I plan to attend that too. I have not met my pre-term study objectives for this course and am not keen on this course today.

I am fairly keen to just take the final law half credit in criminal law issues. But I also watched an ITV or television lecture of a third year course in the criminal law and politics by Chris McNaughton who was also my professor this summer in terrorism law.

Yes another term has started This term I am practicing the shop around for the right course method.

No comments: