Saturday, November 08, 2003

I finished reading Chapter 16 in my consumer law book, now.

I finished reading Sandra Walklate's paper in the book Criminal Justice Research, titled: Reflections on 'Victims and 'Victimisation': An Autobiography of Ideas. Some key concepts she presents from the Gidden are ontological security, risk and trust. She then explores the social psychologist Harre and brings in his universal law of humans searching for respect. We must learn to treat victims as people and treat them with respect. I guestion who the victims are. Being a radical I would say these people would include students failing courses leading to unemployment, other unemployed, the disabled and all others victimised by capitalist society and the pursuit of intellectualism. Ontology is something I first learned about reading the Divided Self by R.D, Laing.

No comments: