Friday, February 12, 2010

I am doing a book review talk this spring. I will blog my progress reading the book here.

I am now reviewing Output Delivery System: The Basics and Beyond by Lauren E. Haworth, Cynthia L. Zender, and Michele M. Burlew. I read the first chapter for the second or third time and tried some code at work. That is I did not read linearly but looked up exactly what I thought would solve a problem and teach me the most. I tried ODS TRACE around a Macro program. It was hard to see what the ODS objects were but I identified the dataset behind the numbers I want to extract. I want to choose what to output into csv and also meet some standards for that cvs output in terms of formatting. I will continue reading chapter two for the second or third time. I downloaded the code that creates the dataset used in the books examples. Now I am not sure whether I will read more this evening or get back to the knowledge representation topic of diagnosis.

No comments: