Saturday, October 21, 2006

Although Churchman is a philosopher his ethics are not very well grounded on a spiritual morality.

I see Churchman as analysing ethics in planning well. His best issues are environment, peace, and mental health. But missing is gender or labour from his analysis. But he does do a good reduction of systems science for looking at the broader ethical concerns. But I don't see his morals as firmly grounded as he seeks a community vision where his drawing in of many historical spiritual community traditions are weak. Would I prefer a strong moralist? I don't think so, and so am still enjoying reading him. But he was a philosopher of his times as his strong issues show was the 1960's and 1970's. Ah Neil Young and seventies biology classes. Really what I find annoying is his 3 and 4 as magic numbers these are beer case numbers not solid math.

No comments: