Saturday, April 30, 2005
Friday, April 29, 2005
Maybe this data mining course will allow me to attend graduate school in statistics. I am really on holidays from school now. I will start to get ready for my public law course this summer.
Thursday, April 28, 2005
I read my lecture notes from my data mining course and then today was able to get a trees classification to at least plot although comparing residuals did not work for a basic trees proceedure and when I did a confusion matrix for an rpart proceedure it looked pretty bad. Again I am favouring logit regression as the best result seems to be with logit regression. I did work out a test of logit regression but don't seem to have a print out for it yet. The test was to build the logit model with the test data using the model from the training data but I made all kinds of errors trying to do that at the different dimensions I had used for logit. I got that done today. I worked for about five hours today on the final project.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005
I will keep working on this assignment/project which is due Saturday and only if I get it done will I be able to attend the symposium at the end of this week. I have about 35 hours until the symposium begins.
I may not be able to attend after all with all my ebay surfing I still have a lot of statistics studies to complete before April is over. I also want to volunteer for the contract instructors union because they are holding a ratification vote this week.
So I may stay up late and work on statistics homework and then go into the university in the morning and end my day staffing the vote table as a volunteer. I would read at the table and then come home and sleep at 4 PM Tuesday.
Monday, April 25, 2005
I did a logistic regression of all 24 variables. Using a book on how to interpret logistic regression in R I have now to pare down my model. My next step is too use the covariance cut off of 0.1 and try that model.
Saturday, April 23, 2005
I took a break and then wrote this journal entry and now have three hours before I do a different job and 47 hours left until the project is completed in terms of time put in.
Friday, April 22, 2005
Thursday, April 21, 2005
I am a week and a half through the readings for my summer public law course. The course starts May 18th.
I applied to be a teaching assistant again next term. I will include a picture of our school of mathematics and statistics here.
Tuesday, April 19, 2005
My teaching assistant work is now complete for the winter 2005. I have applied again to work in the summer.
I have a data mining project still to complete. Then this summer I am studying public law. I have the public law textbooks purchased and have been reading them in preparation for this summer.
Sunday, April 17, 2005
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Sunday, April 10, 2005
- Cavazos, Edward A. & Morin, Gavino. Cyberspace and the Law: Your Rights and Duties in the On-Line World (Cambridge, Mass.: MIT, 1994).
- This was the very first book I owned on computers and the law a good old stand by source that has proved its usefulness again.
I then only need to work and study on statistics until May. Of course, the break in my own classes will allow me to read more widely and catch up on web mastering work.
Sunday, April 03, 2005
- Mark the STAT2507C4 assignment #5. Due Wednesday April 6th.
- Mark the STAT3507 assignment #3. Start this again on Tuesday April 5th. Due some time later in the week.
- Mark the STAT3507 assignment #4. I can´t start this until next week. Due April 16th or so.
- Complete assignment # 3 for my STAT4601 course in data mining. This assignment involves making a spam filter using supervised learning. Due Monday April 4th.
- Complete my honours paper for LAWS4908. I need to brief cases in my own words and rewrite my whole paper. Due Monday April 11th.
- Complete my STAT4601 final project. This project is also supervised learning based on real German credit data. The categorization should determine good and bad credit risks. Due the end of April.
Friday, April 01, 2005
I am still reading Tomasina Borkman on self help groups and experiential knowledge and have been reading the chapter on professionals over night. I have also started to read abook on African telecommunication development. I also read more about educational reform in the USA in the 1990´s from a book on Urban eco-systems and teaching urban eco-systems. Last night I read a little bit more about a feminist Supreme court Justice.