Sunday, May 09, 2004

I am practicing legal research. I am studying a course this summer that concerns terrorism. I just downloaded the US Patriot Act and yesterday printed off the Canadian Anti-Terrorism Act. I also have to print off the Immigration Act of Canada. This is preliminary reading for this course. I don't find this too stressful. I have also done some other reading both on topic and off topic but related to my on topic reading. I am particularly trying not to be too off topic and tangential right now.

I am relaxed a bit. I did attend the conference for one sesssion yesterday. This session concerned Mexican labour and also childbirth in Europe and also the changing age of women who give birth. I asked one question of a grad student. After the session I talked a bit over coffee with the student M.R. who had studied the Mexican labour demographics and told her about my labour research at Stat's Can. I took some free coffee.

After this session I took the train home and then stayed up with my wife. We talked a lot. I showed her my clinical nursing handbook and how to use it. I read a little para-psychology from a philosophy course reader and then slept at 3 or 3:30. I woke up at about 1 am this morning

I am getting my sleep adjusted so I can attend a three day workshop and be on time. The workshop starts on Wednesday this coming week.

No comments: