Saturday, October 27, 2007
I used the witty name for the blog Just a Second Life Avatar's Blog. I made a table banner with 40 little Second Life screen pictures of my avatar. This was what took the hand coding. It was tough uploading too. I made a goal to completing this before going out today and I am now done. So I achieved this goal. I worked very hard.
I also have been able to become an obsessive documenter. I wrote a lot of comments in my code today explaining each and every step in SAS comment lines. Being a blogger of my own daily life and other mundane topics has improved my skills in this regard.
I have now learned more about Second Life by reading books. I read just a little of the Offical Guide to Second Life and with that created another account and avatar and went through orientation island again where I better learned to fly. This has really helped me out. I moved my house or should I say my offices to a PG sim and it is more pleasant to see on screen now. I find I am spending more time on-line there now in this virtual reality world that is like photoshop for 3 dimensional stuff. It has cost me close to 400 dollars now in about 1.5 years of use.
I am going to open a blog now for this virtual world and report my progress there. I will post the new blog address here when it is set up.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
- Layland, Joyce. "On the conflicts of doing feminist research into masculinity" in Stanley, Liz. Feminist Praxis: Research, Theory and Epistemology in Feminist Sociology (London, U.K.: Routledge, 1990).
- This was an interesting read and suggested gay men are also misogynists. I think I had an idea this was true. So basically she concluded in the paper that gay men devalue women's activities. In particular drag Queens use stereotypes of women in their performances.
Monday, October 22, 2007
- Setting up a system
- Stating the objective function,
- the variables,
- and the constraints.
- Using the Fourier-Motzkin method
- Using the branch and bound method with the Fourier-Motzkin method.
- Using cuts for a system of inequalities
- Gomory cuts
- Geometric cuts
- Networks and path optimizations
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
I handed in assignment #2 and also solved a computer programming problem this evening in our lab at school.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I remembered the lecture on the network solution software and was able to solve the network problem and then print it out. I did need to run that software in Windows 2000 but it still did not work as it should have. I did print the solution network diagram. So that seems solved.
I have class tomorrow evening and tomorrow we are working in the computer lab rather than having a lecture.