Monday, November 27, 2006
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Speaking of hitting the books I just reviewed the ideas of conditional probability section 1.3 in the text book. I will complete my review of chapter 1 today.
Thursday, November 23, 2006
I read a little more of the book Policing the Risk Society as well last night but other than that and writing on blogs and the math school work with exam preparation study, I have done no other studies in the past few days.
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
I also spent about an hour in total organizing my studying and doing these blog entries which help me set goals for studying and keep me motivated. Thus I now have done 1.5 hours study leaving 4 hours to still do today and also leaving 34 hours to complete before the exam. In terms of 2 hours per day I am half an hour short of today's goal and then an additional 6 hours short of the goal because I did not study on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. But I am now focusing again on this study goal and catching up.
So I now have 5 more hours to study today and a total of 35 hours of study left until the exam and I have about 6 more hours to budget to studying chapter one of the textbook.
Right now I am going back to completing this week's homework.
Also I must study five chapters which means about 7 hours per chapter. I have only really studied chapter one so far. Thus I need to spend about another 3.5 hours on chapter one. But chapter five is not something we studied a lot and also chapter four is not heavily covered so I can budget 4 hours to each of those thus spending about ten hours for each of chapers one through three. This means I might budget all of this morning's study to chapter one and do my homework.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I have only four more problems to solve in this week's homework.
Monday, November 13, 2006
Sunday, November 12, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
- The systems approach and its enemies / C. West Churchman. (New York : Basic Books, c1979).
- General systems theory : ideas & applications / Lars Skyttner. (Singapore ; River Edge, N.J. : World Scientific, c2001). Advanced systems thinking, engineering, and management / Derek K. Hitchins. (Boston, MA : Artech House, c2003).
- The Relevance of general systems theory; papers presented to Ludwig von Bertalanffy on his seventieth birthday. Edited by Ervin Laszlo. (New York: G. Braziller, ).
- Taking control of IT costs / Sebastian Nokes. (Harlow, England ; New York : Financial Times/Prentice Hall, 2000).
- General systems theory: mathematical foundations [by] M. D. Mesarovic and Yasuhiko Takahara. (New York : Academic Press, 1975).
- The taming of chance / Ian Hacking. (Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1990).
- Soft systems methodologt : a 30-year retrospective / Peter Checkland. (Chichester ; New York : John Wiley, c1999).
- Computers, work, and health : a socio-technical approach / Trevor A. Williams. (London ; New York : Taylor & Francis, 1988, c1989).
- Elements of applied probability : for engineering, mathematics and systems science / David McDonald. (River Edge, NJ : World Scientific, c2004).
- The emergence of probability : a philosophical study of early ideas about probability, induction and statistical inference / Ian Hacking. (London ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 1975).
- Survey research methods / Floyd J. Fowler, Jr. (Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, c2002).
- General systems theory, systems analysis and regional planning : an introductory bibliography / Hugh E. Williams. (Monticello, Ill. : Council of Planning Librarians, 1970).
- The presentation of self in everyday life. Irving Goffman. (Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1959).
- Mad travellers : reflections on the reality of transient mental illnesses / Ian Hacking. (London : Free Association Books, 1999, c1998).
- Risk Society : towards a New Modernity / Ulrich Beck ; translated by Mark Ritter. (London : Sage Publications, 1992).
- Modernity and self-identity : self and society in the late modern age / Anthony Giddens. (Stanford, Calif. : Stanford university press, 1991).
- Reflexive modernization : politics, tradition and aesthetics in the modern social order / Ulrich Beck, Anthony Giddens and Scott Lash. (Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 1994).
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
- Jeffery, Alan. Handbook of mathematical formulas and integrals 3e,
- This book I can see has many useful formulas and I need to own one of these. I searched at Shirley Mill's homepage book price web search tool and the cheapest book available was Amazon.ca and I just purchased it on-line.